St. Andrew Day School, founded in 1972, has operated continuously for the past 45 years. It is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare, whose requirements include educational credentials, physicals for staff and students, training in CPR, the Red Cross multimedia first aid course and fire safety training. The school’s current enrollment is 90-plus children, with classes for ages 2 through pre-K.
The school emphasizes:
• Social and interpersonal skills. Getting along with other children, helping others, and playing and working cooperatively.
• Academics, such as names, addresses, phone numbers, colors, sizes and shapes.
• Language and literacy skills. Letters of the alphabet, listening comprehension and appreciation of books.
• Character development. Positive attitudes, respect for others, cooperation and sensitivity.
• Music and Arts. Working with a variety of materials, such as crayons and paints, learning simple songs and music activities.
• Developing independence. Doing things for themselves, taking responsibility, learning self-direction.
• Four-year olds and pre-K are offered music, art and Spanish classes.
St. Andrew Day School runs from September through May.